Tuesday 28 January 2014

Sigh . . . Sigh . . .

Your feet hasten away
Leaving behind your heart with me
In look into your eyes, squinty and red and joyous
And all you wish I would do is keep looking forever
Being away makes your soul sick
You want me close, inches closer to your chest
I ache with the urge to touch you
But you won’t let me beyond a handshake
You seated there, too busy to admit the voice within
Yet when I ogle, I see heaven in your glinting eyes

You call my name out of the blues
Your voice is soft and thin; it pierces my soul
You don’t want me to go out of your days
Yet you won’t let me into your heart
There is this good story between us
                Which we would rather not talk about
Yet you have put this wall between us
                Which keeps my wishes frozen on my lips!
Perhaps you don’t want your knees to buckle
Perhaps my leprosy cannot let you keep me!


No comments:

Post a Comment