Friday 24 January 2014

On These Pages Of Life



On these pages of life, so have I scribbled my story
Of dreams deferred, of nights within my soul, rogue desires, sordid addictions
      written with a tipsy hand, eager to leave something etched on these sands of time
      words
      dripping from the crevice of my heart
Talking
      about the glory of a new day's sun
Talking
     about wisdom unused, grumbling within the bowels of my essence
Rising like smoke from the ground, to bring
     cloud of tears on the sky of my eyes

On these pages, so are arranged the days given me
Perhaps not in order -
     rather in the order of chaos or
    chaos of order
Stretching across windswept, parched gullies of buried dreams
Dreams that died stillborn
     and now lying in wait for eternal dawn
Lying in wait for a new breathe of life

When my cup swells with goodness and
    pours out to become the cover of my table
When my gift has been threshed, sifted,
    baked brown from an ominous black
When my vision becomes the landscape of my day
   with rivers of honey flowing between the lush valleys
   thrumming with a million, million rhythms of life
When the echoes of my footsteps carry far
    than the path I have trudged
    laughing at the whirlwinds of my youth
Then - then i when
I will be good to fall onto my shadow
And melt away!



3 comments: